Henderson State University's interim policy for all new students (i.e., first-time freshmen, transfers, readmits and graduate students) entering Fall 2019 or thereafter, the university will not allow a student with a prior-term balance to register for future terms.
Henderson State’s installment plan payment schedule for the Fall 2019 is as follows:
- Installment 1 - August 23, 2019
- Installment 2 - September 13, 2019
- Installment 3 - October 4, 2019
- Installment 4 - October 30, 2019
Spring 2020 installment plan payment dates:
- Installment 1 - January 10, 2020
- Installment 2 - February 7, 2020
- Installment 3 - March 6, 2020
- Installment 4 - March 27, 2020
We are here to help you.
Statement of Responsibility
I understand that I will be registered for the courses herein. I understand that my student account will be charged with all tuition and fee costs associated with these classes, and I also will be charged with the housing and meal plans I have accepted and any additional charges incurred (textbook charges, library fees, traffic fines, etc.). I will be responsible for these charges. If I wish to drop/withdraw from individual courses, it will be my responsibility to do so. If I wish to withdraw from ALL courses it will be my responsibility to do so by contacting the Registrar’s Office, Womack Hall, 210.
Henderson State University wants to work with you to make sure that you have access to all of the grant, scholarship, loan, waiver, and work-study programs that are available to continue your college education. Please contact us at (870) 230-5000 to schedule an appointment if you have questions about your account. You can also log into your MyHenderson account to view your balance or make a payment. If you need information about additional funding sources, please visit hsu.edu/financialaid for information.
All tuition, fees, room and board are due using the installment dates described below. Students can view their account balances and pay their bills in MyHenderson. Students with remaining balances after all aid is applied or students not receiving financial aid must use one of the following payment options:
- Pay Online through MyHenderson
- Pay at the Business Office Cashier’s Window, 3rd Floor of Womack Hall
- Pay on a university installment payment plan through MyHenderson or Business Office Cashier’s Window or sign up for installment payments through Nelnet at www.MyCollegePaymentPlan.com/henderson
Fall 2019 Payment Installment Dates
August 23, 2019
September 13, 2019
October 4, 2019
October 30, 2019
Spring 2020 Preregistration Begins
November 1, 2019
Spring 2020 Payment Installment Dates
January 10, 2020
February 7, 2020
March 6, 2020
March 27, 2020
Summer and Fall 2020 Preregistration Begins
March 30, 2020
Appeal requests must meet specific criteria and should be formally submitted to the Director of Student Accounts at email@example.com with all required documentation no later than one month before the first day of classes.
What are the criteria for qualifying for an appeal?
- Student is requesting permission to enroll in future term classes and has an account balance that does not exceed:
- $2,500 for registration for Mini-January 2020 and/or Spring 2020;
- $1,500 for registration for Summer 2020 and/or Fall 2020; and
- $1,000 for Mini-January 2021 and/or Spring 2021.
- Student must submit a letter explaining the circumstances that justify an appeal and a feasible plan for paying back the balance owed within one term.
- Student is willing to sign Statement of Financial Responsibility, Promissory Note, and Payment Plan Agreement.
- Student submitting an appeal authorizes release for the following information to be shared with the committee:
- Student has maintained eligibility for federal and state aid.
- Student has used all available financial aid to pay for tuition, fees, room, and board.
- Student is in good academic standing and making satisfactory progress toward degree completion/graduation.
- For appeals for the spring 2020 semester and thereafter, students must also have completed a FAFSA and have accepted all available federal and state aid.
In order to be considered for appeal, items a-e above must be met.
The appeals committee is comprised of the following representatives:
- Student Accounts Rep
- Financial Aid Rep
- Admissions Rep
- Academic Advising Rep
- University Advancement Rep
The decision of the appeals committee are final.