Because every family’s finances are different, Henderson State University offers a variety of flexible approaches to fit the valuable education that we offer into your budget. Federal, state, institutional, and private funding opportunities include grants, scholarships, waivers, loans and work-study programs.
2024-2025 FAFSA Information
Federal Student Aid (FSA) has made changes to the 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to simplify the application and make it user friendly.
Here are a few important things to know:
- Both students and parents must have an FSA ID before completing the application. Your FAS ID can be used to log into your FAFSA, signature on the FAFSA and complete other online forms required to receive aid. o Student Aid Index (SAI) will replace Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- The number of students in college will no longer apply in the FAFSA calculation.
- The family size will be more in line with the number of exemptions on the federal tax forms.
- If parents are divorced or separated, the parent who provided the most financial support in the last calendar year will now complete the parent section of the FAFSA.
- The net worth of a family’s small business and/or farm is no longer exempt from the FAFSA.
Types of Aid
Scholarships, grants, student loans and jobs on campus are defined as Financial Aid. Whether the funds come from HSU, the federal or state government or private donors, it is all considered financial aid for your student account.
To learn more about the types of financial aid available and how to apply, click on the links below.
Our team of professionals are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., to discuss your options and guide you through the financial aid process.
Front Desk Phone: 870-230-5148