Financial Aid


The U.S. Department of Education has a number of grants available to help fund your educational costs.  The Financial Aid Office considers your eligibility for federal grants based on the information submitted on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Federal Grants

  • Federal Pell Grant

Available to undergraduate students who have financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have not earned a bachelor or professional degree. Learn more about Pell Grant.

  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

Funds are awarded to a limited number of undergraduate students with priority being given to Pell Grant recipients who apply early. Learn more about FSEOG. 

  • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

Provides funds for students who are completing or plan to complete course work needed to begin a career in teaching.  Teach Grant requires a service obligation after graduation.  If you fail to complete the service obligation, the TEACH Grant becomes an unsubsidized loan. To apply for the TEACH Grant at HSU, you must complete this application after you have completed the FAFSA.   Learn more about TEACH.

    • Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant 

    Available to undergraduate students who lost a parent because of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after September 11th, 2001.  Learn more about Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant.