Accounting is a popular major for entry into any business environment. Job opportunities are plentiful for students who major in accounting and perform well in their classwork. Additionally, students who participate in an internship see an increase in job opportunities.
- Public accounting offers opportunities in taxation, auditing, and consulting.
- Private accounting provides opportunities in manufacturing and retail firms, finance, and government organizations, as well as unlimited entrepreneurial and private enterprise potential.
Upon graduation, you can expect to be:
- Prepared for a professional accounting position
- Prepared to continue education in a graduate program
- Prepared to begin working toward becoming a CPA
- Tax Preparer and Examiner
- Cost/Managerial Accountant
- Credit Analyst
School of Business
Mooney Hall 309
1099 Presidents Drive
Arkadelphia, AR 71999-0001