Registrar and Advising


Methods of submitting forms: The following explains how the Registrar's Office accepts forms. Please look for the relevant designation next to each form below. Forms submitted incorrectly will be returned to the sender with instructions for appropriate submission. Office policies for accepting forms are intended to protect student identify.

* Walk-In (Photo-ID Required); Scanned and Emailed via Student's Account
** Walk-In; ONLY Hot Spring Programs May Submit via Student's Email, Postage-Mail, or FAX. 
*** Walk-In; Postage-Mail; Student Email
*! Walk-In; Postage Mail (Signed Student Release Required In All Cases)

Course Drop/Withdrawal Form *

  • This form is to be used when requesting to drop/withdrawal from some but not all of your courses. 

Withdrawal from All Registered Courses Form *

  • This form is to be used when withdrawing from ALL of your courses for the current academic term. 
  • This form alone does not prevent students returning for subsequent academic terms. However, students should be aware if they remain unenrolled for an entire calendar year the continuous enrollment policy will apply. Readmission to the university will be required. 

Late Registration Form (For use after online registration has closed) *

Course Audit Form *

Credit by Departmental Exam Form *

Substitution & Waiver for Degree Requirement Form (to be submitted directly to Registrar by College Dean)

Incomplete Grade Form (Optional for Faculty Use)

  • An incomplete grade should only be awarded in conjunction with a documented agreement between the student and instructor. The agreement should always include a detailed list of assignments to be completed along with anticipated due dates. Each instructor has the option to document the agreement as he/she deems most appropriate. This form provides an option for documenting such agreements. This form is to be kept on file by the course instructor. The form is not to be submitted to the Registrar's office. All remaining incomplete grades will be converted to F-grades by the Registrar's Office after one calendar year. 
  • The form is a fillable PDF. You may require a version of Adobe Reader to utilize the fillable functionality. 

Address Change Form *

Graduation Application **

  • Graduation applications MUST be obtained from a student’s professional advisor. Professional Advisors are listed by their area of specialization on the Advising Center section of the Henderson State website. It is highly recommended that students NOT attempt to obtain the graduation application from alternative sources. Older invalid versions of the graduation application will not be accepted by the Registrar’s Office or the Professional Advising Office. A complete review of the graduation application process can be found under helpful links to the left.

In-state Resident *! (Versions of this form updated prior to October 26, 2020 will not be accepted)

Name Change Form (Verifying documentation should never be sent, and will not be accepted, via email) *!

Non-Release of Directory Information ***

OBU Inter-institutional Class Form *

Petition to Transfer D Grades *

Release of Student Information - FERPA (Not a transcript request form) *

  • Students may have multiple valid FERPA release forms on file with the Registrar's Office. Students must notify the Registrar's office if she/he wishes to cancel a previously submitted FERPA release. In these cases the student will be asked to provide a written statement of the withdrawal of consent. 

Replacement Diploma Request Form *! 

Enrollment Verification Request *! (National Student Clearinghouse $2.50 charge)

Note: Effective June 1, 2017 all transcript requests will be submitted to National Student Clearinghouse. Paper forms, email, and fax requests will no longer be accepted. 

Curriculum Change Requests

Major Change Form (First-Time Freshmen & Students with < 45hrs earned) - To be returned to the Registrar's Office *

Major Change Form (Students with 45hrs or more earned) - Completed in consultation with faculty advisor and submit to Registrar's Office*