The Advising Center conducts remote meetings with Google Meet, which all HSU students can access via their Google email account. Successful remote advising is greatly facilitated when students are proactive in their preparation. Below are a few tips that can help students have a successful remote advising experience.
- Become familiar with Google Meet before your advising session.
- Test your camera and microphone before your advising session.
- Prepare to spend 30 minutes in session with your advisor.
- Come prepared with any degree plans you have been using thus far, or that were provided to you previously by an advisor.
- Come prepared with a list of classes you are considering enrolling in.
- Check your account balance and hold status in MyHenderson prior to your advising session.
- Find a quiet location with little chance of interruption.