Registrar and Advising

Registrar’s Office Operations During COVID-19 Outbreak

Course Withdraws: At this time deadlines for course withdrawals (see academic calendar) are not being extended. Students should obtain the appropriate withdraw form from the Registrar Forms page. The form may be submitted via your address to Please note that forms submitted using alternative email addresses will not be accepted.

Graduation Applications: The Advising Center will continue to assist you in starting the graduation application process. Effective March 13, and continuing through the end of Spring 2020, graduation applications will be completed electronically in the form of a fillable PDF file. Your professional advisor will provide the document when you begin the process.

You will not need to hand deliver your graduation application to the academic faculty advisor and department chair. Your professional advisor will send the document to your faculty advisor via email. After the faculty advisor and department chair review the application the department chair will submit the document directly to the Registrar’s Office.

**Note: If the faculty advisor needs to speak with you during this process he/she will contact you by email and arrange a method of communication as appropriate.

You will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office after we have completed a final review of your application. Pay careful attention to the instructions you receive by email. You will still need to pay the graduation fee to the Business Office, but you may wait and do this after HSU returns to normal operations. Delays in paying your graduation application fee will not prevent you from participating in commencement. However, unless notified otherwise at a later date, the fee must be paid before your diploma will be mailed.

What if I already have a graduation application in progress? If you are holding (as of March 13) an application previously signed by your professional advisor, but that has not been signed by the faculty advisor and department chair, you will need to contact your faculty advisor to arrange for obtaining his/her signature and that of the department chair. This may require exchanging emails with the faculty advisor and department chair. Once all signatures are obtained you may scan and email the completed document to The application will need to be sent from your account. 

  • Before Emailing Your Application - Some older versions of the graduation application include the student's Social Security Number. DO NOT EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION IF THIS NUMBER IS VISIBLE. First mark out the number so it is not visible, then you may scan and email the application. 

Transcripts: Students needing transcripts are encouraged to request electronic delivery using the Clearinghouse Transcript Service. Over the next few weeks the HSU Post Office is likely to experience closures. We anticipate transcripts delivered by mail could be delayed by weeks not days. Students should expect extended times for electronic delivery, but the service will continue.

Commencement: Please visit the link to the commencement page below. 

Transcript Evaluation: Evaluation and transcription of transfer work will continue in the coming weeks. However, it is expected the turnaround time for this service may be subject to delays.

Contacting the Registrar & Advising Offices: Staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Questions for the Registrar's Office should be sent to or For information on contacting your professional advisor, please visit the Advising Center page