Henderson’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program offers the opportunity for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) prepared registered nurse (RN) to obtain a graduate education in an online environment, allowing the flexibility to maintain full-time employment while completing the degree.
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) track requires a two-day face-to-face session during the first semester where students will have the opportunity to master advanced assessment techniques on live standardized patients. The Nursing Executive Leadership and Administration track and the HSU Graduate Nursing Education Certificate do not require on-campus visits.
MSN Program Mission
Henderson State University is committed to helping every student be #ReddieforWhatsNext by opening the door of access and opportunity to college, mobilizing a learning community that builds seamless pathways from school to work, and preparing students to be career ready in high-demand fields that drive community and economic development.
The mission of the Henderson State University Graduate Nursing Program is to provide liberal and professional nursing education to produce expert nurses. Graduates of this program will demonstrate expertise in professional practice, healthcare leadership, and research.
MSN Program Goals
1. Prepare nurses who identify and use resources for nursing and healthcare in the community.
2. Prepare nurses to utilize holistic concepts of humanity, environment, and health in their practice.
3. Produce nurses who use research and theory to improve nursing and health care.
4. Provide a foundation for the doctoral-level study of nursing
MSN Program Learning Outcomes
1. Lead change to improve quality outcomes.
2. Advance a culture of excellence within nursing and health care systems.
3. Build and lead collaborative interprofessional care teams.
4. Design innovative nursing practices.
5. Translate evidence into practice.
The master's degree program in nursing at Henderson State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (ccneaccreditation.org).
Dr. Allison Divine
1100 Henderson St.
Arkadelphia, AR 71999