Message from Dr. Chuck Welch, ASU System President
I am pleased to announce the creation of the Henderson State University Chancellor Search Advisory Committee. This committee will assist me in the search for our permanent campus Chief Executive Officer.
The recent merger agreement between Henderson and the ASU System states that I will lead the search for our permanent leader, which includes chairing this committee. Duties of the committee will include developing the position announcement, screening of all applications, selecting candidates for preliminary and on-campus interviews, and providing final feedback and recommendations to me. I hope to advertise the position in January and make a final selection in May. This will be a comprehensive national search.
As you can see, the committee represents a diverse cross-section of our university. While this will be the official advisory committee, every member of the campus community will be afforded an opportunity to participate in the process and to provide feedback. We will have multiple on-campus forums with candidates and will have an online feedback forum. I sincerely want this to be a collaborative process. I look forward to working with you after the holiday break to get this process started.
Chancellor Search Advisory Committee
- Dr. Fred Worth, Faculty Senate
- Leah Sexton, Staff Senate
- Lane Neely, Student Government Association
- Dr. Laura Storm, Ellis College Faculty
- Dr. Nathan Campbell, School of Business Faculty
- Dr. TaLisha Givan, Teachers College Chair
- Christopher Golston, Staff
- Jennifer Holbrook, Staff
- Carolyn Hatley, Staff
- Kamryn Harris, Student Representative
- Rita Fleming, Executive Council Representative
- Dr. Marc Miller, Dean
- Chris Wewers, Alum/Community Representative
- Dr. Alvin Futrell, Alum/Community Representative