Are you a registered nurse wanting to complete your Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) online in as few as three semesters? If you hold a current RN license and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0, Henderson State is the best program for you. Our RN to BSN completion track will let you continue your current nursing job while you prepare to climb the career ladder and increase your earning potential. All courses are online, allowing flexibility in scheduling time to complete coursework.
You do not have to sacrifice family or career to achieve your BSN. Henderson State focuses on students, and our program will allow you the freedom to pursue your dreams with the help of caring faculty.
The mission of the Henderson State University Department of Nursing is to provide a professional nursing education to produce safe, generalist nurses. Graduates of this program will demonstrate an understanding of theory as it relates to nursing practice. This program prepares professional nurses to pursue higher education.
Nursing Program Goals
- Prepare a professional nurse who recognizes and uses resources for nursing and health care in the community.
- Educate nurses in holistic concepts of humanity, environment, and health.
- Prepare professional nurses who understand the role of research and theory to improve nursing and health care.
- Provide a foundation for advanced study of nursing.
Program of Study Information
Students accepted to the Online RN to BSN Program:
- Will be awarded up to 41 nursing credit hours for prior nursing courses
- Must have previously completed 46 hours of pre-requisite/general education credit hours per Henderson State degree plan
- Will complete 33 hours of nursing core courses as indicated on the Plan of Study
- Must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours for graduation
- RN to BSN Program Requirements
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Henderson State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).