Title IX

Updates to Title IX and Sex Discrimination Grievance Procedures

Faculty, Staff, and Students:

Henderson State University has updated its grievance procedures relating to sexual harassment under Title IX and all other forms of sex-based discrimination. These procedures are identified as the Title IX (Sexual Harassment Discrimination) Grievance Procedure and the Other Sex-Based Discrimination Grievance Procedure. Both procedures, along with additional information about preventing and reporting sexual harassment and other types of sex discrimination, can be found at the university’s Title IX webpage. An online reporting form is provided at the Report an Incident page. Revisions have also been made to the ASU System Staff Handbook.

As a reminder, Henderson State University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any education program or activity that it operates. Further, Henderson State is subject to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and is therefore required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. This requirement extends to admissions and employment with the university. Inquiries about the application of Title IX or 34 C.F.R. Part 106 to A-State may be referred to Henderson State’s Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Education, or both.

Henderson State’s Title IX Coordinator holds the title Director of Title IX and Institutional Equity and may be contacted as follows:

By email: leeb@hsu.edu
By phone: 870-210-9651
In Person: Garrison Center’s Reddie Outreach Center
By mail: 1100 Henderson Street, Arkadelphia, AR 71999

Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by phone, or by email using the contact information provided above or by any other means that results in the Title IX Coordinator receiving the person’s verbal or written report. Such a report may be made at any time (including during non-business hours) by using the telephone number or email address, or by mail to the office address, provided above.