Honors College graduates receive medallions
— Front row from left: Brianna George, Kelly Thomas, Mary Allison Andrews, Heather Lowe, Jesse Klein, Dr. David Thomson; Second row: Lexie Pruitt, Emily Bell, Joseph Meyers, Ethan Tedder, Seth Eiland; Third row: Felisha Thomas, Steven Spanel, Alberto Nava, Derek Ray, Hunter Bobel; Back row: Kate Patrick, Paul Brown, James Lowe, Jonathan Eagle, Chase Elkin, Connor Rayburn
Twenty-seven Honors College students who will graduate in May from Henderson State University were awarded medallions during a recent ceremony at the Capt. Henderson House. Dr. Steve Adkison, provost and vice president of academic affairs, presented the medallions.
Students who have unusually high academic ability and interest are invited to join the community of Honors College Scholars. The students are involved with the Honors Faculty who are dedicated to the goal of honors scholarship and who provide challenging and rewarding opportunities for study and dialogue. Dr. David Thomson is Honors College director.
Entering freshmen with a composite ACT score of 26 or higher are encouraged to apply for admission to The Honors College. Sophomores with a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher petition for admission.
The students who received medallions are:
- Mary Andrews, a chemistry major from Childersburg, Ala.
- Zachary Beggs, a biology major from Arkadelphia
- Emily Bell, a family & consumer science major from Arkadelphia
- CaLynn Blacklock, a psychology major from Malvern
- Hunter Bobel, an aviation major from Fort Smith
- Paul Brown, a family & consumer science major from Benton
- Sarah DeRueda, a theatre arts major from Monticello
- Jonathan Eagle, a biology major from Fordyce
- Seth Eiland, a chemistry major from Camden
- Chase Elkin, a biology major from Hot Springs
- Logan Elmore, a psychology major from Benton
- Brianna George, a psychology major from Camden
- Jesse Klein, a biology major from Amity
- Heather Lowe, an English major from Bismarck
- James Low, a chemistry major from Benton
- Richard Meyers, a management major from Benton
- Alberto Nava, a computer science major from Emmet
- Kate Patrick, an early childhood education major from Bryant
- Kristen Pruitt, an aviation major from Hot Springs
- Derek Ray, a biology major from Kirby
- Connor Rayburn, a biochemistry major from Bryant
- Spenser Scroggins, a computer science major from Malvern
- Stephen Spanel, an aviation major from Little Rock
- Olivia Suggs, a management major from Benton
- Ethan Tedder, a public administration major from Arkadelphia
- Felisha Thomas, a psychology major from Beebe
- Kelly Thomas, an art major from Hot Springs
- Sara Watkins, a math major from Paris
For more information about The Honors College, please go to www.hsu.edu/honorscollege.