Director of Financial Aid
Position: Director of Financial Aid
Job Description: Henderson’s Financial Aid Director shall manage the financial aid office including workflow, processes, and coordination of federal, state, institutional and private financial aid programs. The Director will apply a working knowledge of federal, state, NCAA, and institutional policies and regulations to individual circumstances, ensuring compliance and implementation of changes in regulations and policies as required. The Director must communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies, internally and externally, and will manage a staff of six full-time employees and provide oversight for allocating approximately $43 million in financial aid from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
Essential Duties and
• Directs, supervises, assigns, and evaluates work of assistant director and other financial aid staff.
• Assures that awards, processes, and reporting are in compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations and policies.
• Prepares short/long-term plans for the financial aid office; plans, organizes, and prioritizes all program operations.
• Recommends program policies and procedures.
• Prepares annual program budget; analyzes and evaluates costs.
• Coordinates data collection and exchange of information internally and externally.
• Prepares and conducts professional presentations for on-campus and off- campus groups.
• Counsels and advises students, parents, and high school counselor on financial aid.
• Attends professional meetings, campus committee meetings and directors meetings
• Conducts staff meetings
• Responsible for overall supervision of the financial aid office.
Qualifications/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and at least five years progressive experience in financial aid administration, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities noted above. Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and private financial aid regulations and experience in implementation of regulations. Thorough knowledge of budget planning and program administration. Ability to direct, hire, evaluate and supervise staff. Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including personal computers and software (general business and financial aid related software). Have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Have the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare necessary reports. Have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with other staff and the campus community. Have the ability to work with a variety of federal, state, and private agencies as well as public schools and counselors. Have a record of honesty and integrity and an excellent work/ attendance history.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
The University: Henderson is located in Arkadelphia, AR, a charming, family-centered community of 11,000 residents situated one hour south of Little Rock. Nestled in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains, the community is home to two universities, a strong public school system, a thriving medical community, two recreational rivers, the iconic DeGray Lake, and is approximately 30 miles from historic Hot Springs National Park, one of the great American treasures. Please visit www.hsu.edu, www.arkadelphiaalliance.com, or www.arkadelphiaschools.org for more information about Henderson and our community.
Application: Applications should be directed, and emailed in a single PDF format, to:
Dr. Elwyn Martin, Search Committee Chair
Henderson State University
Arkadelphia, AR 71999-0001
Candidates should submit a cover letter; resume; and the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. Please submit the application packet in a single PDF file.
Review of applications will begin August 8, 2016, and continue until the position is filled. The final applicant for this position will be required to submit to a background screening including a criminal background check pursuant to university policy. The applicant will also be required to provide official transcripts.