The Reddie Writing Center offers a quiet and personal space for all students, faculty, and staff at Henderson State University to improve their writing skills. The Writing Center staff, who are mostly graduate assistants and trainee tutors, work with individual students on a peer-tutoring model to help them improve their papers on their own and become independent writers.
|MTWR||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.||McBrien 108|
|MTWR||6 p.m. to 8 p.m.||Huie Library First Floor|
|Fridays||8 a.m. to 3 p.m.||McBrien 108|
- One-on-One Tutoring: The Center offers an individualized learning environment where problems are solved on a one-one-one basis. Students can make appointments or drop in to work with a tutor for up to 50-minutes. Sign up and make an appointment with a tutor.
- Online Writing Lab (OWL): In OWL sessions, students meet with the tutor in an online environment. Students can use any computer with internet access for sharing and discussing their writing.
- Workshops: The Writing Center offers workshops in four areas of writing: organization, research/documentation, grammar, and professional writing. Each workshop session is 45 minutes long. Dates and topics will be announced, and tutors will be assigned to lead the workshop in areas of their interest/expertise.
- Write-ins:We announce write-in events during final weeks of the semester. These events offer a quiet place for undergraduates in writing intensive Core courses and graduates working on large projects. Our tutors will be available for help during the sessions.
- Outreach: This is a resource for faculty. We can collaborate with faculty to offer outreach sessions in class depending on students’ writing needs.
What to expect
When you come to the Writing Center, you will work one-on-one with our tutors. Please bring a list of specific questions or areas you need help on, a copy of your assignment sheet and a copy of your paper.
We will not proofread or edit papers, but we can help you develop these skills. Statistics show that students who take advantage of writing center services become better writers and make better grades on their papers.
Dr. Deepak Pant, Director